Friday 6 April 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my all new blog! Those of you familiar with my Fan Fiction or my Twitter account will know that I have an overactive imagination and spend a great deal of my free time writing. Recently, I took the leap of faith to become a published novelist, releasing Light in the Dark first, which is the story of Hades and Persephone told from my own unique perspective. I followed this with Love Eternal, a story about immortals known as Eternals and Life Souls. I have also released a book of religious poetry recently. Currently I am working on a series of four novels set in a world ruled by Vampires. Some of you might already be familiar with The Girl; these novels will follow the theme set by this story, but will give a lot more depth to the story.

So briefly, I am an avid writer. Sometimes the need to write overrides everything else, with my imagination creating worlds that become as real as this one while my fingers run over the keys of my laptop. I wake as if from a dream to find the words have flown across my screen and I am still in the real world. In some instances this is a relief, because some of the places my imagination takes me to can be quite dark! My husband has been a massive influence in my dedicating time to my writing; he has supported my dream and given me the confidence to pursue it.

When I wrote Love Eternal, I had known my husband for about a year and I was (and still am) very much in love with him. Love when it is pure knows no boundaries. You become as one soul, breathing more easily when your love is close. The first time my husband told me he loved me he used the most beautiful words to describe that feeling; it is the greatest risk to tell someone you love them because you open yourself up to them completely. But at the same time, when you love someone, it completes you. With this premise in mind, I created the character Jerrod, who on first appearances is cold and more than a little grumpy. When Alyssa Grey moves into his house, she is concerned that her new housemate dislikes her, but the truth proves to be even more compelling. How must it feel to watch the person you love; the person you know completes you drift from a meaningless relationship into an abusive one, but be unable to tell them that you are the right person for them? In Love Eternal, the characters must pursue this question and endeavour to find the answers before death can claim them once again. Love Eternal is a story of friendship, danger, falling for the wrong person, hurt, comfort and ultimately the purity of true love. You can find it on amazon..com: http://www.amazon.com/Love-Eternal-ebook/dp/B0078DBZDS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333709948&sr=8-1 and on amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Love-Eternal-ebook/dp/B0078DBZDS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1333710002&sr=8-2

I am currently in the process of editing and completing The Dawn, the first of a series of books called The Light, the Dark and the Blood. This series of books is about a world in which Vampires have more or less taken over, with only a few countries remaining outside their jurisdiction. It is a story about Vampires, Shapeshifters, Witches and Humans, of family ties and of love that transcends times. There will be more on this soon. Look out for my first character profile which I will be posting later today.

So welcome to the blog and thanks for reading.

Dolly x

4 comments:

  1. So excited about your new blog. I'm a huge fan of yours and have been since I first encountered you summer 2011. Since then I have read everything you have written, even if I didn't get to review :(
    I am beyond estatic for your series The Light, the Dark and the Blood. I will be watching out for more blog posts and the character profile later today.
    Wishing you much success,
    Tonya xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tonya! So glad you've come to join me in my new foray into the world of the internet lol! Your support has always been much appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the blog! So glad you are coming out more and more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks chick. Been thinking about it for a while and finally taken the plunge! x

    ReplyDelete