Tuesday 24 April 2012

Love Eternal




A very good friend of mine recently read Love Eternal and text me to tell me how much she was enjoying it. It made me think about the second book I released on Kindle. I started writing Love Eternal about six years ago and it sprang from the notion of fate and how sometimes we fall in love with the wrong person; or believe ourselves to be in love when actually we aren't. Alyssa Grey was a lot of fun to write because I could imagine her in different time periods and in different incarnations, which meant I could develop her character through the lives she had lived. In Love Eternal, we meet Alyssa as a student who has recently split up with her fellow student boyfriend Nick. This relationship is shallow and almost entirely based on the student lifestyle of fun and nights out in between studying. Alyssa's realisation that this is not what she wants in her final year leads her to meet two men who know more about her than she could imagine; Mac and Jerrod.

Mac was a complicated character. He was very bitter; kind of a 'the world owes me' character (reminded me a lot of an ex ;-)) but also the sort of man that could appear very attractive to a somewhat naive Alyssa. He is wealthy, confident and handsome, with a familiarity about him that initially draws her, but which ultimately leaves her feeling wary as his more sinister nature comes to light.

Jerrod is one of my favourite characters of all time. He has his flaws in that he can on occasions come across as grumpy and even pompous, but you have to wonder how it would feel to watch someone you love with the person who is exactly wrong for them. But Jerrod's protective and loving nature hopefully shines through to the reader, along with his sense of humour (which my friend also commented on!). He is aware of his faults and apologises for them, which makes him all the more appealing. I must confess that I fell a little in love with my own character, but I can be forgiven because I based him on my own love eternal, my brilliant and gorgeous husband Philip.

Anyway, if you've never read it, it's worth a read(even if I do say so myself hehe!). You can find Love Eternal on amazon.co.uk and amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Love-Eternal-ebook/dp/B0078DBZDS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1335298199&sr=8-5

No comments:

Post a Comment