Sunday 8 April 2012

Publishing The Dawn



So today is the day when The Dawn will be published! My proofreader, Emma, did a fantastic job for me and spent several hours reading over the material for me and checking for minor errors. Massive thanks to Emma for that! She also gives me feedback on if she actually likes what I have written. As she is a voracious reader, her opinion means an awful lot. When she said she loved it but needed to know what happens next I knew it was a good thing!

I also got some feedback from the wonderful Tonya on the cover and have altered it according to that. Again, a great person to help me out with the minor details. So thank you Tonya, hope the new cover is easier to read!

Onto The Dawn. I had a few issues with the publishing of the book as Amazon will not publish it as a free book. It will however be very cheap at approximately 99c in the US and 75p in the UK. If you are enrolled on Amazon Prime, you will be able to pick it up for free in their KDP Select lending library, so it's not all bad news!

The Dawn was a lot of fun to write, as we get to meet the characters whose stories will unfold throughout the series while they are children and see the events that shape and mould them. In the words of the synopsis:


Dawn; the hour when the sky changes from the dark to the blood; the hour when the world belongs to his kind; the hour before the light takes over; burning brightly enough that every fault, every imperfection is highlighted. The Vampire’s Hour; a fitting name for the hour when the world appeared to bow to the Blood.

Robert Thorn is a Vampire; he has lived for four hundred years, an existence marred by the darkness and the blood in his soul. Once, he made a promise to his dying sister, that he would protect her family and their descendants and so when his nephew is murdered by a Vampire and a Shapeshifter he heads to the UK to avenge his death. There he meets his nephew’s three children whose destinies are just dawning. Little does he realise that his own fate will become inextricably tied up with theirs and that of a girl he once loved four hundred years ago.

The Dawn is the first in the series of four books; The Light, the Dark and the Blood.

1 comment:

  1. *blushing & smiling* It is my pleasure to read & review any of your work. I have been a major fan since the first chapter I ever read that you wrote. Thank you for your kind words. I am off now to purchase The Dawn & yes, the cover is perfect! Much love & luck for you! Tonya xxx

    ReplyDelete